Court termeDurée de la mission
Vivier d'expertsType d'expertise
15/11/2019Date limite de candidature
Description du projet
Project title: Organised Crime – West African Response on Cybersecurity and fight against Cybercrime (OCWAR–C)
The overall objective of the Project is to contribute to enhance cybersecurity and combat cybercrime in the ECOWAS region. Considering the numerous challenges ahead for the cyber security and combatting cybercrime, this global objective can only be fully achieved in the long term.
The more specific objectives of the project are to:
- Improve the resilience and robustness of information infrastructures, networks supporting the critical services within the ECOWAS;
- Enhance the capacities to fight against cybercrime by supporting the adoption and the implementation of a comprehensive set of policy, institutional, organisational, and technical measures that will increase their cybersecurity preparedness and improve their legislation in line with regional, continental and international conventions and following a multi‐stakeholder and human rights compliant approach.
To reach the objective, the Project is expected to achieve 2 interlinked results (R):
- R1 – Resilience and robustness of information infrastructure are improved.
- R2 – capacities of relevant stakeholders in charge of fight against cybercrime are improved.
The indicative implementation period is 48 months. It will start with a 6-month inception phase, followed by a 42-month implementation phase. The six-month inception phase is dedicated to an in-depth situation analysis through a series of fact-finding missions in each of the target countries to develop a project strategy tailored to the beneficiaries needs and complementary to existing initiatives.
Description de la mission
We are looking for short term experts to constitute a roster which could be used for the need of the project.
Qualifications et compétences
We are looking for short term experts to implement activities with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in IT, engineering, business, management or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum a university degree (BA or MA or equivalent) in public policy, police management or any other relevant discipline.
- Proven experience in regulation and enforcement in telecommunications, cybercrime and general law enforcement.
- Good understanding of regional and/or national critical information infrastructures protection, CERT computer emergency response team, regional/ sub-regional fora, or other cyber actors relevant in the region regarding cyber issues
- Previous experience in development of projects in the region;
- Excellent verbal and written command of both languages English and French;
- Ability to write official correspondence in both French and English. Knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage;
- Proven organisational and communication skills;
- Strong skills in report writing;
- Computer proficiency.
- Experience of cybersecurity in the ECOWAS region: context, stakes, threats, cyber activities…
- At least of 10 years of working experience in cybersecurity research, practice or training;
- Experienced expert in cybersecurity (cybersecurity and anti-cybercrime according International and European conventions, directives and regulations), with broad political and intercultural competencies in international project implementation context;
- Experience in cybersecurity information management and sharing and information technologies;
- Experience in working with CERT/CSIRT;
- Proven experience in education/training of cybersecurity administrations;
- Experience in enhancement of capacity building and administrative reforms in Africa;
- Experience of inter-agency and international cooperation;
- Proven experience in the implementation of international or regional Conventions, directives and regulations on cybercrime would be an asset;
- Experience in assessment of national legislation and regulation and comparison with best practices and international rules in order to enhance it.
- Proven experience in privacy and the protection of personal data (audit and compliance with international or regional Conventions)
- Participation in similar EC-funded technical assistance projects would be an asset
Documents à fournir
- CV ;
- Cover letter
Together with CV, candidates have to give full coordinates of the company which is to be contracted by Expertise France.