Long termeDurée de la mission
Expertise sur nos projetsType d'expertise
15/11/2019Date limite de candidature
Description du projet
Security cooperation in and with Asia
Designed to strengthen the EU’s security engagement in Asia by supporting tailor-made cooperation with an initial set of five pilot countries (India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea and Vietnam), the project aims to support deeper and more operational security dialogues with partner countries, promote greater convergence between policies and practices of the EU and the partner countries and Increase international awareness and acknowledgement of the EU as a security provider.
This 4 year project of 13.5 million euros will be implemented in co-direction by GIZ and Expertise France, with a team of a 6 Key Expert ( 2 co-director and 4 thematic coordinator. Short term expertise is also foreseen to strengthen the permanent team).
4 thematically areas of intervention are forseen (counter terrorism, cyber security, maritime security and crisis management (peacekeeping/CSDP)) and activities will be implemented through 3 components:
- Support to Policy Dialogue
- Cooperation and Capacity building
- Public Diplomacy
Expertise France will in particular lead the activities on cybersecurity and maritime security.
To assure coherence and smooth implementation of the project and to manage properly the team throughout the implementation phase, two project director position are foreseen: one project director representing Expertise France and one project director representing GIZ.
Description de la mission
The Project director will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project, and the achievement of results of the project, in coordination for the co-director contracted by GIZ
Description of the task to be assigned :
- Joint overall project coordination.
- Advising on strategic and political direction of the project
- Revision and validation of TC thematic workplans and short term expert selection
- Communicate with EU, EF, GIZ & other EU MS/ EU agencies
- Coordinate public diplomacy actions
- Institutional representation of the programme
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and implementation
- Organise and support Steering Committee Meetings
- Elaboration of reports (based on inputs from TCs)
- Coordinate and implement the common Project Visibility Strategy according to EEAS Communication and Visibility Manual for EU External Actions
- Results-oriented in performing tasks and having attention to details, from demand-based planning through implementation, including strategy development and process management, cooperation arrangements, project steering, innovation and learning and knowledge management
Qualifications et compétences
- Master degree in law, political sciences, administration or any other field relevant for the project
- A good knowledge of Asia, working experience in one or several of the partner countries (India, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Vietnam) would be an advantage
- Mastery language skills in French and English ; knowledge of the language of one of the partner countries or German, would be an advantage
- Several years of professional experience in a similar position in advising partners, e.g. public entities (foreign offices / ministries of foreign affairs, ministries of defence)on policy issues and managing international cooperation projects including budgetary and personnel responsibility
- Several years of professional project management experience with managing complex policy, planning and implementation processes that require coordination with a wide range of stakeholders, including the higher political level
- Several years of professional experience with organising high level international conferences and events. Professional experience/knowledge on thematic pillars would be an advantage
- Sound understanding of the security and defence cooperation of the European Union and European Union Member States
- Mission area: Based in Belgium with missions to India, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Vietnam
- Duration: 1 year renewable 3 times
- Starting date: January 2020
Criteria to establish a short list (3 to 5 candidates):
Academic - 5 points
- Relevance of academic training/studies
Knowledge– 40 points
- Strong knowledge of team management
- Strong knowledge of project management and direction of complex projects
- Knowledge of the European Union (policies, functioning, organisation...)
- Command of French and English
Professional experiences - 55 points
- Relevance of past experiences as implementing projects in the field of international cooperation
- Relevance of experiences in terms of management in international projects of international cooperation
- Relevance of work experience in the area ( Asia, Indo-Pacific)
- Relevance of work experience with high level interlocutors/diplomats
Selection criteria after interviews
- Understanding of the project objectives, challenges, EU and regional context - 25 points
- Ability to convince and argue – 15 points
- Ability to travel frequently to Asia - 15 points
- Ability to express easily ideas and conduct high-level discussions in English – 20 points
- Analytical, deductive and organisational skills – 10 points
- Team spirit, diplomacy and leadership – 15 points
Documents à fournir
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before 30/09/2019, using the following subject: PD-Asia Security
If you do not receive a response within 2 months of the application deadline, please consider that your application has not been shortlisted.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.