This process aims to fill a roster to obtain the specified consultancy services on-call. The incumbents are professional specialists who will be based in or have spent extended periods of time in one or more countries in MENA region and/or Sahel area.
General direction on the tasks and area of responsibility is provided by the designated contact person in Expertise France according to the Terms of Reference of the specific project the incumbent is contacted for. During this interview, he/she will be informed on the translation of this guidance into the specific activities required to perform assigned duties on the specific project, as well as on any administrative issue to be discussed.
The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and may not always be applicable, nor comprehensive, for all jobs under this job title.
Team Leader - Counter-terrorism/CVE
Country or Region
The Team Leader will be in charge of the overall coordination of the project and will have overall responsibility for the smooth running and timely implementation of the project and the efficient use of project funds. The Team Leader will be responsible for the field management of the team of experts, the timely submission and quality of reports. He/she will also be responsible for the successful technical implementation of each of the activities and for the achievement of each of the expected results. He will also have a representation and advocacy role towards project beneficiaries and the EU.
The position may be based in the MENA region or in Sahel area.
Qualifications and skills
- A University degree or equivalent in international law, human rights, rule of law, political sciences, or any other relevant disciplines
- Excellent general knowledge and understanding of counterterrorism and countering violent extremism issues
- At least 20 years of professional experience with continuously increasing management responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written command of both languages English and French; Ability to write official correspondence in both French and English. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Proven report writing skills
- Computer proficiency
- Previous experience in development and management of multilateral technical assistance initiatives in MENA and/or Sahel region, or for the mentioned regions
- Proven professional experience in regional law enforcement cooperation, in particular in MENA region
- Proven organisational, communication and management skills: capacity to manage a multinational team with a multi-purpose expertise within a diplomatic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with high-level public officials is paramount
- In liaison with the contractor, capacity to supervise and coordinate all technical aspects of an international contract (EC...)
Together with CV, candidates have to give full coordinates of the company which is to be contracted by Expertise France.