This process aims to fill a roster to obtain the specified consultancy services on-call. The incumbents are professional specialists who will be based in or have spent extended periods of time in one or more countries in MENA region and/or Sahel area.
General direction on the tasks and area of responsibility is provided by the designated contact person in Expertise France according to the Terms of Reference of the specific project the incumbent is contacted for. During this interview, he/she will be informed on the translation of this guidance into the specific activities required to perform assigned duties on the specific project, as well as on any administrative issue to be discussed.
Long term expert/Short term expert - Counter-terrorism/CVE
Country or Region
The functions/duties/key results of this job description are generic and may not always be applicable, nor comprehensive, for all jobs under this job title.
Qualifications and skills
- A University degree or equivalent in international law, human rights, rule of law, political sciences, or any other relevant disciplines
- Excellent general knowledge and understanding of counterterrorism and countering violent extremism issues
- At least 8 years of professional experience with continuously increasing management responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written command of both languages English and French; Ability to write official correspondence in both French and English. Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Proven report writing skills
- Computer proficiency
- Previous experience in development and management of multilateral technical assistance initiatives in MENA and/or Sahel region, or for the mentioned regions
- Proven professional experience in regional law enforcement cooperation, in particular in MENA region
Together with CV, candidates have to give full coordinates of the company which is to be contracted by Expertise France.