Social protection, EmploymentLatest update : 11/01/2015
The Social Protection and Employment Department includes a wide field of expertise associated with the French Social Ministries' intervention sectors and their national agencies, to which can be added the Education and Teaching agencies, closely associated with vocational training issues.
Work and Employment
The Work/Employment Unit works on all issues leading to a reinforcement of regulatory, institutional and organisational frameworks that are necessary for the development of a sustainable economic context, decent working conditions and efficient support mechanisms for job seekers and enterprises. In the field of labour, the Unit especially focuses on issues related to national work regulations development and implementation, the development of social dialogue, the organisation of labour inspection, health and safety at work, the definition and the implementation of equity and non-discrimination policies, and to the implementation of mechanisms to fight against illegal labour.
In terms of employment, the Unit participates in the development and the implementation of employment policies, the development of tools and methods to ensure employment market monitoring, the development and the strengthening of employment public services, the implementation of unemployment benefits mechanisms, the active intermediation between employment seekers and enterprises, and of vulnerable groups’ professional integration.
The Social Protection Unit assists partner countries in the reform or the development of their own system. The Unit assists in the implementation of collective plans’ mechanisms, allowing individuals to tackle the financial consequences of "social risks" associated with old age, sickness, disability, industrial accidents, and occupational diseases, or dependants. The Unit contributes to the implementation of mechanisms providing for the payment of contributory and non-contributory social benefits, and access to social service delivery for all populations or targeting the most vulnerable groups (children, disabled people, etc.).
The Unit acts to reinforce the institutional framework of social protection systems through assistance to public administrations tasked with the definition and the steering of systems, as well as with organisations in charge of their management.
Education and Vocational Training
The Education/Vocational Training Unit assists the modernisation and the reinforcement of actors in the educational and vocational training sector. The Unit provides assistance with primary, secondary, and higher education reforms. It also provides support in the steering of the education system at central and devolved levels to improve the programmes of initial and continuous training of teachers, as well as improve the management of educational and administrative human resources.
The Unit also supports partners in the design and the steering of vocational training policies, especially through the organisation of funding, promotion of economic and social partners' involvement, the development of professional accreditation mechanisms and qualification recognitions, and the modernisation of training centres. To foster young people's employability, the Unit provides assistance in the development of specialised sectors, the conception of an adapted training offering and the implementation of training and accreditation benchmarks.
With its scope of activity, the Department can identify in the French system all of the capacities and experiences that should be gathered in order to meet the partner countries' assistance needs and ensure an extensive and crosscutting service offering, which would be adaptable according to the needs and expectations of such partners. It is therefore able to provide other countries with French experience and expertise, to give them support in terms of:
- definition and steering of public policies;
- national and local public administrations capacity building;
- development of tools and methods for economic and social actors.
Hence, the Department is at the heart of the priorities of numerous international organisations' agendas, such as the development of social protection floors, the promotion of a more fair and inclusive growth, the development of a universal health-care coverage as it pertains to its funding component, the promotion of decent work, as well as capacity building, one of the major social pillars of sustainable development.
- 29/03/2016 - News from the field - TURKEY / Facilitate women’s employment
- 16/02/2016 - News from the field - Completion of European Twinning Project on Disabilities in Azerbaijan
- 27/01/2016 - News from the field - MAGHREB / Seminar on “Vocationalisation of Education and Youth Employability in the Mediterranean region”
- 16/11/2015 - News from the field - COLOMBIA / Expertise France co-organises a seminar on new technologies applied to the social protection and health sector
- 21/09/2015 - News from the field - PARAGUAY / Social protection: for 10 years, the Tekopora Programme has been fighting poverty
- 16/06/2015 - News from the field - MOROCCO / Social protection: launch of a Morocco-European Union twinning project implemented by Expertise France
- 05/05/2015 - News from the field - AZERBAIJAN / Disability policies: visit of an Azerbaijani delegation to France
- 09/04/2015 - News from the field - COTE D'IVOIRE / Expertise France receives a delegation from the Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs and Vocational Training
- 27/03/2015 - News from the field - DJIBOUTI / Expertise France supports the implementation of the universal medical cover
- 06/03/2015 - News from the field - EUROPEAN UNION / Second Greenet Network seminar
- 16/02/2015 - News from the field - EUROPEAN UNION / Expertise France, driving force of the GREENET project