Expertise France implements the EU funded project dedicated to support public finance management (PFM) reform in Egypt. The objective of the project is to improve budgetary, accounting and financial management of public expenditure through more efficiency and transparency.
The project approach aims at identifying PFM reform priorities with the Egyptian Ministry of Finance, through raising awareness and knowledge and experience sharing. The main output is to develop and deliver a tailored capacity building program for Egyptian civil servants.
Country or Region
In agreement with the Egyptian Ministry of Finance, Expertise France and the European Union have defined the activities to support the development of internal capacities of the Ministry's civil servants. One of the key elements in developing capacity building is the establishment of a training center within the Ministry of Finance.
While the Ministry of Finance is responsible for the civil works required for the development of the training rooms, Expertise France is in charge of the supply and installation of the equipment needed for the training center (2 training rooms, 2 meeting rooms).
The project technical assistance team (TA) has developed the technical terms of reference. In order to finalize the tender and follow the procurement process according to the Expertise France rules, the TA team needs the assistance of an IT procurement expert.
- Accompany the process from the preparation/publication to the selection of the supplyer, including inter alia:
- Review the technical specifications;
- Prepare/adapt the administrative and technical documents to comply with the procurement process for a local tender in Egypt;
- Provide the team with advice to secure the process in terms of price, offers, delivery in the context of the Egyptian market;
- Organize the publication of the tender;
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the selection criteria;
- Describe the rules to organize the selection committee;
- Any other activities deemed relevant by the contractor to carry out the procurement process concerned.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a four years’ university level degree or the equivalent in a relevant field (such as Public procurement, Economics, Law, Public Finance Management, Public Administration, etc.)
- At least 10 years of experience in public procurement;
- Good knowledge and experience of EU projects and procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge and experience in preparing and managing tenders, terms of references, technical specifications;
- Experience in procurement of IT equipment;
- International experience (Egypt or other country of the MENA region)
- The experts shall demonstrate a good command of spoken and written English. Good command of spoken and written Arabic is an advantage.
Documents to submit :
Together with CV, candidates have to give full coordinates of the company which is to be contracted by Expertise France.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
- Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.